Have you ever felt like there was more to your life than the mundane day to day practices? If you know that there’s more for you to accomplish and achieve in life but fear has stopped, you from moving forward. Then this message is for you. Approximately 500 million people or more live their lives afraid of going after their true dreams. They like you are afraid of flying like the eagle.
A poll conducted by Newsweek Magazine reported that 50% of adults surveyed were afraid of flying on commercial platforms. The fear of flying can be quite daunting, and most people try to avoid it altogether. Whether flying on a plane, or platform, fear can make you experience symptoms like a rapid heartbeat, sweating, rapid breathing, and nausea.
If you have a fear of flying at the very thought of getting on a plane, now is the time. If, you have a fear of getting on a platform in front of people, now is the time. If not now, then when?
Following these simple tips for coping with fear of flying will also help with the fear of people: Let’s compare the two shall we.
How to Overcome the fear of flying in an airplane.
- Try to grab a seat closes to the front of the cabin. What I found more terrifying was the turbulence, most of the time it’s the bumps that you feel when seated towards the back of the plane. If you have a seat up front, you will experience a smoother ride.
- Keep Yourself Occupied. If you can distract yourself while on the aircraft, it will diminish the fear. If you’re busy with something else, you won’t think about the what ifs on the flight.
- Take your favorite book along with you to read, do crossword puzzles, and listen to your favorite music playlist.
- Avoid drinking too much caffeine while flying. If you drink tea, coffee, or even an energy drink before your flight, it may cause the jitters. Caffeine is a natural stimulant and can make matters worse by increasing anxiety while flying.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages
- Practice breathing exercises to help keep you calm. It’s been proven that breathing slowly, taking deep breaths can drastically help lower your heart rate and reduce anxiety.
- Take some time to educate yourself about airplanes and get statistics on air travel. Most fear comes from the unknown. Learning about airplanes can eliminate the fear of flying. When you know how an airplane works and the meaning of the strange sounds, they make will help you have a better understanding of aircrafts.
- Did you know that flying is known as the safest form of transportation? The chances of being involved in an airplane accident are 1 to 1 million.
- Putting this in perspective, your chances of dying in a car accident are higher, a comparable rate of 1 to 5000. So, it’s more dangerous to travel by car than by plane.
- Face your fears front and center. The only way to get over fear is to confront it. This will help you get pass it.
- During flight attendant school the first thing they learn is how to serve the customer.
- However, they must watch educational videos to learn about cabin decompression, hijacking, and plane crashes. Having the knowledge of flying greatly desensitizes people, it makes them less afraid of statistics.
- There’s a such thing as exposure therapy, which makes flying more realistic by intentionally scaring people. This method helps them to better cope with the situation.
- The fear of flying can be rather nerve recking. It may be a good idea to fly more frequently to ensure a more enjoyable flight.
We gave this example of how to overcome the fear of flying an airplane, to get you more relaxed when it comes to speaking or being on a platform.
Whether it’s in person or hosting your first online event. Fear can hinder your ability to soar like an eagle. Fear keeps you hostage to what could happen . When in fact its all in the way a person thinks. If you have a fear of achieving, you won’t accomplish your goals.
If you asked most of your well-known successors, they would tell you that they still have a little fear of speaking but they do it anyway. Its when you can look fear face on and speak to it as if you were not afraid.
Being bold and courageous is what it takes to be successful in anything.
Overthinking a matter almost always turns to be false. What I mean is that you can imagine a situation to be worse than it is. Taking these tools shared about the fear of flying will help exercise your faith and stretch your capacity to excel in anything you put your mind to do in life. So, let’s get started today by burying your fears, make a bold declaration to put your faith to work.
It’s time to live fearlessly!